This medication is a mouth rinse that kills bacteria. It helps to reduce bacteria and plaque build-up that may occur during the healing phase following surgery.
This medication is used as an oral rinse three (3) times a day (after brushing teeth) until the bottle is gone. Once the bottle is gone, you can continue to rinse with warm salt water until healing is completed. A capful (one tablespoon) should be swished around the mouth for 30 seconds, then spit out. Do not swallow the drug.
This medication may cause staining of the teeth or tongue. Dr. Snell can remove the stains.
Changes in taste may also occur while using this medication.
If this medication is accidentally swallowed, stomach upset or nausea may occur.
This drug should not be used if you are pregnant or nursing unless otherwise advised by Dr. Snell. Please discuss the risks and benefits with Dr. Snell.
Take any missed dose as soon as possible but not if it is almost time for the next dose. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your regular schedule. Do not "double-up" the dose.
Store at room temperature below 77 degrees Farenheit (below 25 degrees Celsius). Do not freeze.